We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates the industry’s leading awards, including The Webby Awards – the Internet industry’s most coveted prize, in addition to The Anthem Awards – celebrating purpose and mission-driven work from people, companies and organizations worldwide, and The Lovie Awards, recognizing Europe’s Internet excellence in the fields of culture, technology and business. Our award brands play a critical role in the creative, social impact and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence. While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and people using it to drive change is what drives us.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
This is a full-time, hybrid role, in our NYC Flatiron office reporting to the President of the Webby Group.
Have your skills rewarded at Recognition Media
We seek a Group Marketing Director to lead marketing efforts for the Webby Awards, Lovie Awards, and Anthem Awards. The Group Marketing Director leads a team of five marketers and works in partnership with the Group President and the Company’s Central Marketing division to strategically plan and execute the group’s overall marketing and revenue generating activity.
– Partner with Webby Awards president in creation of go-to market strategy for the group’s award offerings
– Create and execute strategic plan for group’s marketing initiatives to generate brand awareness, engagement, and site traffic with a focus on increasing entries and sales for the Webby Group’s award programs.
– Manage and develop a team of five marketers/content creators, including project management, editorial, copy, social media and account management.
– Regularly monitor Webby Group KPI’s to adjust and optimize the group’s marketing activities and schedule
– Lead the execution of all marketing assets in partnership with the creative team and outside partners. Assets include email, paid media, print, events, trends reports and other forms of digital content and marketing
– Lead earned media (including social and public relations) in partnership with PR agency and internal social team members
– 7-10 years of content and brand marketing experience, including social, partnerships, events, and PR (startup experience a plus)
– 2+ years experience effectively managing a team
Demonstrated ability to set, execute and optimize marketing strategy informed by data
– Proven ability to juggle multiple initiatives simultaneously and prioritize based on business impact
– Communicates well in a variety of settings and media
Compensation & Benefits
– $125 – 150k total compensation package
– Competitive compensation package with generous incentive-based bonus program
– Comprehensive health care plan (health, dental, vision) with 100% of employee premiums (and 70% for dependents) paid by company
– Annual enrollment options for FSA program, Dependent Care program, and TransitChek/Commuter program
– Company-sponsored life insurance benefit
– Paid annual leave, paid time off and paid sick leave
Working at Recognition Media is rewarding. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your résumé along with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team to J O B S at recogmedia.net with the subject line Group Marketing Director.Apply